Sexual Assault Month: Red Lipstick

April 15, 2015

Hey guys! Today on AFH, our discussion will be on a topic that isn't fashion related and that topic is: Sexual Assault. It's a touchy subject. Anytime I hear those words, my skin crawls and I immediately tense up. Just hearing those words freaks me out......just the thought of someone taking advantage of you and having ill intentions to hurt you for absolutely no reason and take your peace of mind is frightening. If I'm approached by a group of men, I tense up, my anxiety is through the roof and I instantly get into defense mode and ball my fists up. It shouldn't have to be that way. I should be able to go out at night to have a good time without worrying that someone may slip something in my cup when I'm not looking. I should be able to walk to my car at night without having to look over my shoulder every 5 seconds to make sure I'm not being followed. It's unfair but it's what you have to do to prevent attacks. Below, I've listed a few tips to lessen your chances of an attack.


  • Be aware of your surroundings! Don't take your sweet time. Get out of the car. Do what you need to do. Leave. Don't sit in car and check your Instagram. Get in the car, lock your doors, and drive off.
  • At parties or any place where drinks are served, watch your drink. If you take your eyes off your drink or walk off without it, leave it and get another cup. It's not worth the risk. Anyone can put eye drops or any other date rape drug in your drink quicker than you can turn your head. Same goes for food!
  • When being dropped off, have the driver watch you go inside the house before they pull off. 
  • When going out with friends, stick together! Don't lose anyone and don't leave the group. Now everyone knows that sh*t happens, so just in case the group were to for whatever reason separate, decide on a place to meet up at so you guys can regroup. 
  • If you happen to be alone somewhere, what I normally do is have my car key between my index finger and middle finger so in case I am being followed or if someone grabs me, I can hit them with a right jab in the eye with the sharp part of my key, giving me enough time to run to safety. 
  • In the states, if you are at least 21 years old, for better protection, it may be time to talk about getting a gun. If that's something you don't feel comfortable with, then invest in the highest quality pepper spray. None of that cheap, watered down sh*t. 
  • Avoid getting drunk. Period. That's not cute anyways. (>_>)



Be smart and stay safe! My heart goes out to every victim who has been through something so traumatizing.


{Left to Right}
Wet n' Wild Lipliner 717 Berry Red // Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 250 Standout // L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche 315 True Red // NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Monte Carlo // Rimmel 124 Bordeaux // Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense 48


Inspired by a blog I read recently (literally, I'm going through my history and I can't find the link! Ugh!), I will wear red lipstick to show my love and support for victims of sexual abuse. Join me on this move! Wear your red lipstick and follow + tag me on instagram and/or twitter @afabuoushippie for a chance to be featured on the blog!

That's a wrap for today! Thanks for reading! I have a few surprises for you guys so stay tuned and stay up to date by subscribing via GFC (at the bottom of the blog) and/or Bloglovin'!


You Might Also Like

0 comments